Gerard O'Dea is an accredited, professional conflict management, personal safety and physical interventions training consultant and is the Director of Training for Dynamis.
Cardiff University Law School / Bond Solon Certified Expert Witness
"Verbal Defense and Influence" programme certified trainer and European Adviser
ICM Physical Skills Tutor Award (Level 4) and Quality Award Centre (#2201)
Edexcel/Pearson BTEC Advanced Awards in:
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
- Safer Handling of People (RoSPA)
- Delivery of Conflict Management Training
- Physical Restraint Practice
- Physical Intervention (SIA)
- Advanced Self Defence Instruction
- Coaching & Instruction of Physical Restraint
- Safe and Effective use of Restraint Devices
Chartered Institute for Environmental Health Level 3 Award in Principles and Practice of Risk Assessment
Certified at the NHS National Conflict Resolution syllabus Familiarisation Seminar
- Protecting Scottish Public Services Workers National Conference Glasgow (2007)
- Control & Restraint General Services Association National Conference Edinburgh (2010)
University of Stirling BA Business Studies and Japanese
Gerard and the Dynamis Team are experienced training professionals who design and deliver tailored training experiences for mainstream primary and secondary schools, on the invitation of Senior Management, Behaviour Teams, Inclusion Manager and SENDCo, or for Alternative Provision and Special School environments where children have Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties or Learning Difficulties, Autism or Attachment Disorders.
Our training is always based on legal principles and practical problem solving using awareness of:
- Education and Inspections Act
- Guidance on the Use of Reasonable Force with Pupils (Department for Education 2012)
- The issues in common and criminal law in relation to use of force
- How the Human Rights Act 1998 impacts on training and management of physical interventions
- How Health and Safety legislation relates to staff who face occupational personal safety risk
- Restraint-related risks of sudden death and serious injury
- Human Factors-based Training Needs Analysis and Programme Design
- Psychological and Physiological factors in high-risk confrontations
- Obligations of managers under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The impact of legislation and Department for Education, Department of Health national guidance for the care of children and vulnerable adults in crisis.
Dynamis Insight is an accredited provider of personal safety, conflict management and physical intervention and training which is based on modern findings about the nature of aggression and violent confrontations. Our courses are sought out all across the UK and Internationally. Please email our team or call our office staff on 0844 812 9795 to talk to us about your particular training needs.